Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I have had lots of sewing time this week and have crossed off LOTS on my sewing to do list.

Quilting Bees I'm in:

Natural or Not:  Christina sent out to us all purple and grey solids.  We were to make any kind of star.
Because I'm in love with the Lone Star Block, I paper pieced my star.


Book and Board: This new bee that started in February is based on the book Modern Block 99 Quilt Blocks and using fabric from our stash.  Jane picked Boxed In and this was a fast and easy block.  Thanks Jane!! 

I'm queen bee for April so I still need to decide what block to have everyone make for me....decisions, decisions.



New Project:  A cute owl baby quilt for my husbands second cousin.  It is all pieced together and just needs to be finished.  My husband is out of town so I have a date with my sewing machine tonight and I'm going to machine quilt it and hand it off to my mom tomorrow so that she can do the binding. 


Covert Robin Gift Swap:  Ok...so being that this is my very first swap, I'm really nervous.  I don't want her to be disappointed.  After spending hours reading her blog, checking out what she likes on pinterest, and getting some great ideas from you all, so far I made her two pouches.  The first one is a zippered pouch using mostly linen fabric and a strip of button fabric.  My secret gifts are going to someone that collects vintage buttons.  I also ordered 5 vintage buttons on ETSY to go in this little pouch.


I also read that she carries her Android Tablet in her purse so I made a cover for it using Amy Gibson's pattern that she has on Craftsy.com. 


I used linen fabric with a purple accent (her favorite color) on the pockets and inside the pouch.  Hopefully this photographer non sewer likes these two homemade gifts! 

That is it for now!  I'm linking up over at Lee's at Freshly Pieced.


Cindy



6 comments:

  1. Love your covert robin gifts...I really need to start working on mine...so many ideas so little time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!! Love the star, so pretty and your gifts are perfect! I'm sure your partner will adore them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your covert robin gifts are perfect! I'm sure she'll love them. Your Lone Star block looks awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't love those gifts? They're lovely. That star is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are incredible...I LOVE that tablet case!!!!!!!! Great job, she will adore them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!