Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Dream Job

Have you seen the current issue of the Quilt Sampler Spring/Summer 2012 magazine yet?


My favorite quilt store - A Scarlet Thread in McDonough, Georgia is in this issue.  They made the Ultimate Shop Hop - 10 top stores. 


Guess what?  I started working at A Scarlet Thread.  Back in March they were advertising that they needed part time help and I went in and applied the next day.  Karen the owner asked me why I'd want to drive 45 miles one way to work at her quilt shop and I replied that it is the most amazing quilt store ever.  She called me back in early May and I started in Mid-May.  I love it.  What is not to love about being surrounded by beautiful fabric for 8 hours.  To talk quilting for 8 hours.  To help customers pick out fabric.  I work 2 to 3 days a week and it is my dream job. 

So if you are at your LQS and see this magazine, pick it up and check out A Scarlet Thread on page 58.  If you are heading to Florida or coming home from Florida, we are off of I-75 exit 221.  Stop by and say hello.

8 comments:

  1. that's awesome!!! i love working at a quilt shop. it's my dream job for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a wonderful job. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a perfect job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! I have always thought that would be fun to do once all of my kids are in school :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound like a dream job. I'm a bit jealous ;-)
    If I'm ever in Florida I will try to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You do have a dream job! I would drive 45 miles for that also!! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Now I know why I didn't know this... I didn't read any blogs while we were on vacation. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!