Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mondo Bag

Over the weekend I made my first Mondo bag.  What is a Mondo bag?  It is a very large bag using printed interfacing from Quiltsmart and 208 2.5" squares.


I used my Densye Schmidt fabric that I've been hoarding collecting.  My sisters birthday is on Saturday and I know she'll love it so it is on its way to Seattle.  Happy Birthday Julie!!

I had so much fun making the first bag that I made another bag yesterday for my trip next week.  This bag is so easy.  You simply cut out 2.5" squares and place them on the printed interfacing.


Once you place the squares on the printed interfacing, you iron it down, then you sew on the lines.



I can't say enough about how easy this bag is to make and I've got perfectly-matched seams.


My bag is using a charm pack of Lucy's Crab Shack and some coordinating solids that I received from the Charming Solids monthly club at Pink Chalk Fabrics.

I love it and I can't wait to use it next week!






9 comments:

  1. very cute. I have always wanted to try that method of interfacing and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great quick project. I might have to look into it. Where did you get the interfacing at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great pattern! And it looks like a fun way to use up charm packs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....I LOVE this! You are so talented. I'm just learning how to use my sewing machine. A friend of mine is coming over once a week to help me work on my first baby quilt. I'm really enjoying it, but still a little intimidated by the sewing machine. Trying to be patient with myself and not get frustrated.

    So happy to have found your blog!

    best,
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an amazing bag! The patchwork is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!