Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sew South Retreat - 4 week countdown



I'm so excited, yet so overwhelmed with what I need to get ready for the Sew South Retreat in Charlotte, NC.  The retreat is in exactly four weeks from today! 

To Do:
Purchase fabric for four different sewing projects that we will be making in class
Purchase heavy duty zippers for duffel bag
Purchase FQ's for FQ swap
Cut out the PDF patterns that I've received
Quilt sandwich the featured fabric, batting and lining fabric for the Duffel Bag
Order Gutermann's glue
Make four alike items for the sample swap (this I really need help with ideas!!)
Spy on my secret sisters Blog, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, etc. to come up with gifts for her
Make something for my secret sister
Purchase fun little items for my secret sister
Pack up my sewing room - sewing machine, serger, notions, etc.
Drive 4 1/2 hours to Charlotte, NC

I hope I haven't left anything off.  If your going to Sew South and you see that I've left something off my list, please let me know. 

Next Thursday I hope to have quite a few of these items crossed off. 

Now I'm off to go shopping for fabric!




6 comments:

  1. I am jealous! It sounds like it will be blast, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget your clothes and toiletries. They may not seem very important now, but I am sure that after a few days you might want to change into some fresh clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making my to do list for me. It seems so close when you say 4weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you have to go shopping, you poor thing! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seeing your list just made me shake in my shoes a little. So much to pack and get ready, so much to prepare. But, we are going to have so much fun. Don't forget a bottle of wine. I'm sure we will be needing it on our late night sews.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!