Friday, October 14, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

Swim, Bike, Quilt

I finished my 2nd "100 Quilts for Kids" and I'm again donating it to Project Linus.  They were so thrilled when they received the first quilt a couple of weeks ago, I'll surprise them and send the 2nd to them as well. 


I made the Storytime Squares quilt by Rae Hoekstra of Made By Rae.  Instead of using 5.5" squares, I used a charm pack and took Kate's suggestions for the pre-cut border dimensions.  This was such an easy and fast quilt top to piece, I'll be making it again and again.

Last weekend I was so fortunate to meet Kate from Swim, Bike, Quilt who is organizing "100 Quilts for Kids" along with her DC Modern Quilt Guild.  I met so many creative sewers/bloggers at the Sewing Summit in SLC last weekend.

On Saturday evening I went to dinner with a group of ladies that Jennifer from Ellison Lane Quilts and Elena from Breakfast for Dinner put together.    While at dinner, I sat next to Kate and 3 other creative sewers, bloggers, and one photographer.   What a fun evening!  Thanks again Jennifer and Elena for getting us together and also for the awesome swag bag you surprised us with.

While I was away last weekend, my sweet mom did the binding for me on my "100 quilts for kids".  Thanks Mom!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Cindy

5 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors in your quilt! I donated mine to Project Linus, too. Such a great organization! Sounds like you had a great time at the Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt! Thanks for following my blog. I'll be posting the "how to" for the board & batten this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and cuddly! Perfect for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt! And loved sitting by you at dinner. I'm still so tired from last weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt. And how fabulous that your mum did the binding for you.

    Everyone seems to have had a fabulous time at Sewing summit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!