Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


I haven't W.I.P. posted in awhile so I thought I'd go over what I've completed as of today, what I'm still working on, and what new projects I have! 

Finished: 

I finished two commissioned quilts and delivered to my customers!!

One quilt was a t-shirt quilt that I made for a friend who gave it to her husband.  He runs in the Peachtree Races each 4th of July in Atlanta and she thought he'd like some of his t-shirts made into a quilt.

It wasn't a sunny day out so the picture didn't come out
as good as I had hoped.
















The second quilt was a totally designed by the customer....I just pieced it together.  She cross stitches while at work when the phone isn't ringing and was able to create 30 blocks.  This project took her over three years. 


I also cut my "fussy cut squares" and am ready to mail them off to Amy over at Stichery Dickory dock.  

 

Ongoing Projects:
Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along - Lets just say that I'm really behind on this and I'm thinking of having a trial separation from my farmer.  My mother just completed her Farmer's Wife Quilt today and is handing it in tomorrow to our favorite long-arm quilter.  As soon as it is done, I'll take a picture and show you all.

P2 Modern Solids Quilt Along - this quilt a long over.  I have it back from the quilter and just need to bind it. 


Quilts for Kids:  2 quilts pieced and just need to be quilted, 1 quilt needs to be pieced & quilted

Kaleidoscope Quilt a long - Again this quilt along is over but I'm not done.  I can't wait to be part of a quilt a long one day and start and finish when every one else does. 

New Projects:

Quilts of Valor:  My mom is doing me a huge favor by piecing one of my two QOV quilts.  I gave her all the fabric today.  I hope to start mine this week.

Christmas Quilt - Just received my FQ bundle of Moda Countdown to Christmas by Sweetwater over the weekend.  I've always wanted to make a Christmas quilt.  My good friend Marti just completed her Christmas quilt and I plan to copy her pattern that she created herself. 


Hope everyone has a great week!


Cindy


PS - I'm linking over at Freshly Pieced


6 comments:

  1. Your Modern Solids quilt looks great! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read about all your projects--esp the T-shirt quilt. I have to do one of those for my son's friend and it's gratifying to see how lovely yours turned out (of course, I hope I can replicate your efforts!).

    I also bought the Sweetwater Countdown to Christmas fabric! I'm going to make the quilt shown on the Moda Bake Shop site using that fabric--the one with all the wonky stars. I'll have to check back to see how you're doing.

    Fun to visit your blog--
    Elizabeth E!
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that P2. I've been asked about doing a t-shirt quilt but I've heard they are finicky. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the P2 is great! neat colors, neat blocks. I don't know that I have the patience for interfacing t-shirts, lol. I used to use fusible for making little bags and whatnot, but it was definitely my least favorite part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's a cool football quilt you helped her do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW on both those quilts. Love the one with the x-stitch blocks. Amazing. Congrats on getting your P2 quilt back from the quilters. I am going to try and quilt mine myself, and got the basting spray 50% off at joanns last week. Lets see now how long it takes me to get it quilted{i'm thinking xmas gift?}
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!