Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm back

I started writing a blog post on Saturday that I was going to post on Sunday but my plans took a major turn around noon.

The post was about our big move, the story behind our house and the opening of our pool.

Yesterday my husband and I were taking the last load of stuff out of our old house and loading it on a trailer.  While walking down the ramp on the trailer I slipped and fell on my ankle.  My ankle has a spiral fracture and now I'm in a splint cast.  Good news that I do not need surgery.  Bad news is that I'm in a cast for 8 weeks. I should be in a walking cast in about 7 to 10 days.

Isn't that the ugliest ankle you've ever seen!  That is my sweet hubby talking to the nurse.



My husband left today for a business trip to Hawaii for a quick 4 days so my mom is here helping me out.  I had big plans for this week like opening sewing boxes and somewhat organizing my new sewing room.  So for the ladies that I owe blocks to, I promise ill get them done.  

I hope I can still go to the Sewing Summit in September.

Fun times ahead!

Cindy


9 comments:

  1. Yowie! That looks, well, hideously painful! Hope you got good drugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! 8 weeks -- Wow. I hope you mend fast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow. ow. ow. May it heal quickly and well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so sad! Hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! You poor thing, hope your managing some rest and good pain relief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!